Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Friday, February 5, 2010

Breaking my silence.........

Wanted to break this silence, since I will go mad if I won't.....

First thing, went to Changi temple and had a nice time there. It was Thai(first month in tamil calendar) 4th friday, and there were special poojas done to Sri Muthumariamman. I watched the entire abhishegam and listened to the bhajans. Somehow I love to see the abhishegam done to the dieties;) Prayed to god to give me strength for those I am going through and felt too divine.

I was feeding Thatchu and they were calling me for lunch, which was served. Was wondering how to eat with Thatchu on hand, since I didn't take the pram'. Received five star treatment ....... guess ..... they served me lunch on a table ;) I really like this culture in Singapore, especially, when we go with babies, they give high importance / preference to the mothers.

Here is the menu : Sweet Pongal, Rice gravy(Kuzh), Radish & drumstick sambhar,  Potato stir fry, Pumpkin kootu(curry), Bean curd gravy, Vada, Payasam, Rasam, Papad, Buttermilk. All served on a plaintain leaf.

Once I was done, one person helped me to remove my leaf and then went to the wash room. Again an elderly uncle, opened the tap for me to wash. All these time, Thatchu was awake with me, watching those poojas, listening to the bhajans, smiling at people around, allowing me to eat. She was not even 1% naughty. She slept on the way home, and gave me to time to post this :) Love my Thatchu:)

I take rest today and will meet you all with my recipes soon.... Wait for them... Have a nice weekend!!!!

7 Comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Adorable Cute little princess, can guess how happy u r, proud to be a mom na!!!! hugs to kutty paapa..

Vidhya said...

awww.. thats so nice of the little one Vani...kisses to the little one..

Shama Nagarajan said...

Welcome back dear...our wishes ot the little one..take care

FH said...

Nice to hear the good treatment you moms get there. Not here, we are on our own. If baby cries, we are excepted to take the baby out until everything is quiet again! They stare at you until you get out with the baby :D

Trendsetters said...

u r lucky...got every mother's dream

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

oh sweet lord first it was about the deities and I felt so bad missing all those wonderful things... And then the menu oh my really bad of you... But you are so fortunate to be treated royally... So she behaved herself what a sweet lil one!!!

Lakshmi said...

Even I love the Singapore way of treating mothers. SO you are back from India? How was the trip?