Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chicken Gravy - My brother's way;)



I felt too lazy last sunday and wanted to eat out. It was drizzling and my hubby told we will buy-back. So went out and to our disappointment, Briyani got finished earlier than usual :(

Called my brother at home and told him, he said buy chicken, I will prepare. So bought some chicken and went to take rest;)

He prepared chicken gravy for chappathis. It was very tasty and aroma was amazing:)

For me, it will be always taste great, if someone cooks and feed me ;) My hubby said, the masala was better than what I prepare :(

So here goes my brother's recipe......:)


Ingredients:
Chicken - 400 gms
Onions - 2, chopped
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Green Chillies - 3, chopped
Bay leaf - a small piece
Chilli powder - 1 tablespoon (or as spicy required)
Coriander leaves - few, for garnishing
Oil - 2-3 tablespoons
Salt to taste

For Masala paste:
Fennel seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 inch long
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Cardamom - 1
Cloves - 1-2
Cinnamom stick - a small piece
Green chillies - 2, small
Coriander leaves - few

Method:
Grind all the masala ingredients without or less water to a fine paste.

Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, onions, green chillies and fry until onions turn golden brown.

Add chopped tomatoes and fry until they are cooked well.

Then add washed chicken, grinded paste, chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
Cook it covered until chicken becomes soft.

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathis or rice.


Cooking time - 20 - 30 minutes
Serves 3 persons

--------------------------------

Check out Beautiful array of Rakhis @
RAKHI EVENT Round up in my creations blog.

Also check for this month's
CAN ART Event.

Please do participate!!!

13 Comments:

Ivy said...

Sounds great and you are right it's even better if someone cooks it for you :P

Indian Khana said...

Chicken gravy looks so tempting..no wonder you guys enjoyed it...and perhaps your hubby was rite :p

Srikitchen said...

hi am back again after a break! am inviting u for my son amiitesh's b'day which falls on sep 3rd! the dish is looking so good! convey this to ur brother!

lubnakarim06 said...

Looks yummy.

Unknown said...

yummy chicken!

Lakshmi said...

it is true..it tastes good when someone cooks for you!! :)

notyet100 said...

CHICKEN VERSION LOOKS YUM,..HOPE U DNG GREAT,..

Bhawana said...

check my blog. There is something for you :).

Anonymous said...

Yum! Can I borrow your brother? :)

Sum Raj said...

lovly brother u have...credit goes to him....looks tempting ..

Medhaa said...

Lovely Curry.

I would like to ad you to my blogroll, Can you please tell me your blog name in English

Srikitchen said...

wow! yummy! the dish looking so good!
Check out my blog for this moth event and do participate in it!

momsnetwork said...

Thanks for sharing this nice recipe to us! This is really something so good! Looking delicious.
_________________________________
Good Gynecologist in Chennai