Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vanilla Icecream with Apricots and Spinning Citrus


Spinning Orange is my click for Jugalbandi's


"Citrus" Click event.

Now to today's recipe:



This is in connection to the
Bloggers Meet we have every month. I got "Dried Apricots" from Sowmya as my Secret Ingredient for the Kitchen Connect event. She gave me yummy Chocolate cookies too:)

To be frank, I dont like apricots because of its smell. So thought a lot, what to prepare for the event. Finally I had it with icecreams ..... I cannot say NO to it ;)

I followed
Srilekha's Vanilla Icecream recipe, with minor changes.



Given below my recipe:

Ingredients:
Milk - 1 cup
Full cream milk - 1 cup
Cream - 1 cup
Sugar - 1-2 cups or as required
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp

Method:
Boil milk and full cream milk with sugar and allow it cool completely.

Add cream, vanilla essence to it and blend them nicely.

Freeze them for 8 hours. Blend it in intervals of 1-2 hours.

For a smooth texture, you can add stabilizers available in the market. I didn't add any but blended it nicely so that it is foamy.


Cooking time - 8 hours
Serves 3-4 persons



Serve with processed apricots as below:


Ingredients:
Dried Apricots - 8-10
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Rose essence - 1 teaspoon

Method:
Microwave all contents with 1/2 cup of water for 10-15 minutes.

Allow them to cool and have it with icecreams.


Cooking time - 15 minutes
Serves 2-3 persons



I have been tagged by my friends and got some awards too. I would be adding them to my post next week.

6 Comments:

Indian Khana said...

:-)...Glad that you remember this ;)...Ice cream looks yummy dear...and the apricot pic is too cool..

notyet100 said...

icecream looks nice,..hope u dng fine,.nice click too..tc nd happy weekend,..;-)

kamala said...

That is a yummy ice cream Vani..love the spinning orange click too!!

Ivy said...

Your ice cream sounds delicious and who would say no to an ice cream? Lovely pictures too. Good luck.

Sukanya Yogesh said...

The ice cream looks very nice

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Apricot picture looks nice and very good click of spinning orange