Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mini Idlies - Independence Day Special & A Tag


Before I move to today's recipe......

Many of my blogger friends are thinking, what happened to me.... no visits to their blogs...

SORRY friends, We are looking for a new house and shifting in couple of months. My brother is visiting me with his family this weekend. So busy in looking for houses and making arrangements for his trip. I am visiting your blogs, but not leaving any comments... Please excuse me.... Will start bugging you all once I settle down. Keep Encouraging me till then :)


Now to the recipe......

Was breaking my head what to do for this
Saffron Green White Event hosted by Pooja.


And finally ended up with this new idea;)

I followed
Solai's Spongy idli recipe. Read her blog for the complete process here .


Ingredients:
Boiled Rice - 4 cups
Urad dal - 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Ghee/Oil - few drops

For Orange Idlies:
Grated carrot : 1/4 cup
Red chilli - 1

For green idlies:
Coriander leaves - few
Mint leaves - 4-5
Green chilli - 1


Method:
Soak rice in water for 2-3 hours.

For soft idlies, soak dal in water for 45 mintues, before you are ready to grind.

Grind them seperately and mix them with salt and water, if required.

Ferment it for 8 hours or leave the dough overnite, so that it is perfect for the mornings.

Grind the ingredients of orange idlies and mix it with 1 cup of dough (This makes 5-6 mini idlies).

Similarly grind the ingredients of green idlies and mix with 1 cup of dough.

Apply oil/ghee to the idli plates and add dough to them.

Steam them for 10-15 minutes.

Colourful, soft and tasty idlies are ready.

Serve hot with chutney.

Cooking time - 20 minutes
Serves - 4-5 persons


------------------------------------

I was tagged by Vidhya .......

(a) List these rules on your blog.

(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.

(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.


7 Facts about me.

1. WORK: Was working for the past 9 years and became a full time home-maker, beginning this year.

2. EDUCATION: Physics graduate and Masters in Public Administration and Computer Applications

3. FRIENDSHIP: Love all my friends... Got lot of friends from this blogosphere. Started loving blogging because of them.

4. RELATIONSHIP: Dating with same person for the past 5 years, from the day I met him .... he he .... My HUBBY:)

5. WWW: Knew about it from college days. Without this there is nothing, I would say :)

6. FITNESS: Difficult to say;).... Trying to keep it.... but Too lazy at times ;)

7. DREAM: To visit USA ;)


Tagging 7 of my friends :

Priti
Priyanka
Cham
Lakshmi
Ramya
Rekha
Suma
Srilekha

Enjoy and pass it ON.....

-----------------------------------

Lakshmi has passed me "BRILLIANT WEBLOG" award.


Thanks Laks for your thoughtfulness:)

30 Comments:

Indian Khana said...

Man u r too much...wht was tht suppose to mean !! NVM I'll take care of that later ! :)
What a idea..lovely...as we all know you are so creative ...cool entry for the event..Nice to knw few more things about and thanks for passing me the tag ? Umm let me think abt it!
Congrats for the award

Lakshmi said...

nice knowing you and will do the tag..

Unknown said...

ya i was wondering about your absence...hope you could find a house..i knoe house hunting is a big headache here...
Idli concept is superb!!!nice entry. nice knowing you a little more in this meme

Shreya said...

hi, this is awesome! love the idlis with the flag colours. Congrats on the award!

Srivalli said...

mini idis as flag is rocking..great idea..

Sukanya Yogesh said...

Brilliant idea to show our national flag...Jai Hind!!!!!!!

Lakshmi said...

came back to say that tricolor idlis looks great, thought I wrote it, but ...aah..old age u see...

Ramya Bala said...

hey vani,suoer a irukku idly,soon afyer seeing it,I thought-nammaku mattum mandaila ethuvum thonamatenguthaey nu...Really i am very much attracted to ur idlies..Very gd idea n thanks for tagging,will do it soon...aama enna ithu kannapinna nu padichurukeenga..Padipps-a neenga?

jayasree said...

Lovely idea to make the idlis those way.... Nice reading ur meme.

Srikitchen said...

treat for u in my blog!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful and symbolic!

Unknown said...

mini idis as flag is rocking..great idea..

Nice click... looks yummy & Fantatsic...

Jaishree Iyer said...

love the idlis with the flag colours.this is awesome!Brilliant idea to show ounationalflag.Congrats on the award!

Solai Chidambaram said...

Yes Illatharasi,was feeling your absence.My wishes for you to get a nice house and enjoy with your brother and family

EC said...

Nice idlis..I have a small treat for you here...http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/08/masala-puri-with-moong.html

Sangeeth said...

nice idlis...enjoyed reading ur tag...

Deepthi Shankar said...

lovely idlis .. really nice knowing more of you vanisri

Cham said...

Some how i had the same idli idea :) But drop out... Looks great! I will do my tag as soon as i can

Sanhita said...

Hi, the idlis look really nice. I have a surprise for you in my blog.

Indian Khana said...

Hmm you didn't approve my comment again ! But here is the msg..Idli looking just cool..very creative idea..Congrats for all the awards and will do the tag :)

Anonymous said...

great idea.. different colours with idlies. nice to know more about you.

Jayashree said...

Nice idea....the orange idlis look lovely.

FewMinute Wonders said...

Thanks for the comments. I like your idlis. A very good idea with idli. Regarding your dream, keep dreaming it will come true soon. Good luck with the house hunt. I am sure the best will come your way.

Lavanya Raj said...

SUperb idli's over ther, Nice beautifull entry to the event..Happy Independence Day!!

Illatharasi said...

Thank you friends for those lovely comments :)

MJS said...

idlies are superb.... very good idea of showing the national flag colours.

Sum Raj said...

hello..thanks 4 the tag and will do..ur idlies r cute and fantastic..now am scrolling my head wht to present for the tricolour event b4 aug 15?.

Neha said...

nice tricolour idli's, gr8 idea. And liked to read ur meme, came to know abt u....

Pooja said...

always take your time fro managing personal life first dear Vani. blogging is good but things have their own priority . Even I dont find much time to post my already made dishes for this event as Sister is visiting here .

Idlies looks so cute and its such a nice idea to make idli with all 3 colors.
thanks for this novel idea and participation.

Unknown said...

Lovely entry!Really loved the idea!Loved reading your tag.We also just crossed our 5 yr anniversary...