Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Friday, August 22, 2008

"LOW" & Find these fruits....

Have started trying different blend of juices nowadays;)

My new introduction:

"LOW" - Lemony Orangy Watermelon Juice ;)


Try out this simple juice.....


Ingredients:
Watermelon - 4 cups(Peel, deseed and cut the flesh into small cubes)
Orange - 2 (Extract the juice)
Lemon - 1/2 of a medium sized ripe lemon (Extract the juice)
Sugar - 1 tablespoon
Water if required.

Method:
Add watermelon cubes, sugar to a blender and blend them nicely.

Then add orange juice, lemon juice and blend it until all gets mixed well.

Add little water if it is too thick.

Chill it and enjoy the juice.


Preparation time : 10-15 minutes
Makes 2 glasses.


Let me know the name of the below fruits, if you know. My brother-in-law got these from Kodaikanal, a hillstation in Tamilnadu, South India.



Not sure of their name, but the first brown one was meant for milk shake, and it was tasting like Chikku (Sapota). Other one was more like custard apple except for its shape.

If you know the names, please let me know:)

22 Comments:

ILA (a) இளா said...

Plastics???
First one lookslike ..grr
ada pongappa..

Rachel said...

am sure the first one is a butterfruit

Medhaa said...

Lovely drink,

The fruits look so new to me.

Cham said...

Ha ha, i don't know the name too ... would love to know of course...
The juice is cool & refreshing

Vidhya said...

Hi Vani, second picture looks like sapota to me. I am not sure about the first one, it look like chinese eggplant to me. BTW very very refreshing drink. Have tagged you. please check my blog

Unknown said...

nice drink..first one is pannainongu.. i think.

Jayashree said...

The first one looks a lot like mangosteen to me. Does the inside have some nongu like sections surrounded by a pinkish rim?

Illatharasi said...

Hi Jayashree... inside it had greenish yellow pulp with a big seed, just like an avacado.

Ila, they are not plastis, real fruit. Curious to know their names, can't find them in the net:(

Thanks friends, lets wait and see if someone identifies them:)

MJS said...

nice drink....fruits r new to me...

Anonymous said...

Hi there Illatharasi! The second (long green) one looks like either the fruit of a Monstera plant, or a thing that sometimes pops up in Pacific Island and South East Asian cooking, called "Nho fruit"!

If the first one was really really small (about 2.5cm in diameter) it would look just like the fruit of a Moreton Bay Fig Tree from the east coast of Australia.

Are my guesses at all right?

notyet100 said...

WOW UR BIL STYAS THERE,...:-) HAVENT BEEN TO KODAIKANAL,..BUT I KNW THE PLACE IS HEAVEM...FRUIT DRINK LOOKS YUM,..AND I CANT GUESS YAR...THE SECOND ONE LOOKS LIKE CUSTRD APPLE THOUGH,..WAITIN FOR ANSWER,..DO POST ,...:-)HPPY WEEKEND ,..ND JANMASTHMMI,,,,

jayasree said...

Very refreshing drink.. Me too curious to know the name of the fruits.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Juice looks very refreshing...Never seen those fruits before :(

Deepthi Shankar said...

that looks very refreshing .. is the 1st fruit tatning?? just a guess

Srikitchen said...

LOW looking so good! kalakurey

notyet100 said...

how was festival vani,..enjoyed,.

Lakshmi said...

I like combination juices and just published one on Cooking Station. About the fruits I am sooo bad at names :( let me know if you get their names, it can be a good knowledge update for me :)

Sunshinemom said...

I haven't seen this in any part of India I have stayed in! I would love to know the names though! Does BIL know? The juice looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi There Illatharasi. Tagging you with a meme you tonight (9.00pm UTC 25 Aug - about 11pm-midnight in India?)

ushaprashanth said...

Hi!!
Lovely juice!!!! That's a good combo!!! abt the pics.... hmm..waiting for the names!!!!!

Sukanya Yogesh said...

The first one is plum and the second one I have never seen it before. Did you manage to get the name?

pradeep said...

first one is ice lolly apple and ice apple means pannai'nonggu