Feel free to pass your comments, feedback, advices or recipe requests / suggestions through comments of this blog or email to illatharasi@gmail.com. All your suggestions are welcome!!!



Friday, June 27, 2008

Simple veg Pasta and an award


Thought of cooking pasta, in my own style and it came out well. So try this simple and tasty pasta.

Ingredients:
Pasta - 1 cup (I used elbow pasta)
Onions - 1 finely chopped, medium sized
Tomato - 1 finely chopped, medium sized
Fresh or frozen peas - 1/4 cup
Fresh or frozen Corn Kernels - 1/4 cup
Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Basil leaves - 1 teaspoon (dry powdered)
Cumin seeds powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - few, chopped

Method:
Boil 3-4 cups of water. Add few drops of oil in it. Once it starts boiling, add pasta to it and cook for 5 mintues, stirring carefully. Allow it to stand for 15-20 minutes. Once it becomes soft, drain hot water, put them in a sieve and run through cold water. Drain completely.

Heat oil in a big pan. Add ginger garlic paste, onions, tomatoes, peas, corn kernels, cumin seed powder, pepper powder and toss them until all vegetables are cooked.

Add Pasta, salt and toss them slowly. Add more olive oil if needed. Garnish with basil leaves and coriander leaves and serve hot.

Simple and healthy dish.

Cooking time - 30 minutes
Serves 2 persons


-------------------------------------------------------

Priti gave me 'A Giant Bear Hug' award.


I HUG you Priti, thanks for thinking of me!!!!

And I am happily passing it to my blogger friends with a HUG:

Ramya
Jz
Sowmya
Jill

Congrats everyone... Rock everyday with your work!!!!

21 Comments:

Ramya Bala said...

O my Goodness,U surprised me yaar..Thanks alot dear and pasta looks great with an Indian touch which I always love...Will try soon

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Ramya:)

Unknown said...

thanks for the hug vani..pasta looks yummy...

Indian Khana said...

Paste looks delicious ...but when I make paste, drain the hot water immediately instead of let it stand...it doesn't make the paste soggy. But yours looks fantastic...mouth watering....
And congrats for the award...

notyet100 said...

congrats for the giant bear hug,..waiting for dolls,...pasta looks yummy,..

Prajusha said...

congrats for the award..pasta looks yummy..

Unknown said...

pasta looks yummy ,but there is nobody to give company to me .

Illatharasi said...

@ Sowmya, Thanks:)

@ Priti, I was doing it your way, but sometimes it is not soft. So I let it stand for sometime once it is soft, I will cool it and use it.

@ Notyet100 Thanks dear, few more days to go.... wait for it;)

@ Prajusha, Thanks, do visit often:)

@ Rekha, Thanks, I am already with a spoon, you take one;)

Unknown said...

Pasta looks YUM and very simple recipe.Congrats on the award..

@the_whisk_affair said...

Thank you soo much for the bear hug, vani!!

the indianized pasta looks beautiful...just like I would like to have it! It actually loooks a bit like mac and cheese too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

love this indian style pasta :) nice idea.
and congrats on ur award!

Anonymous said...

love this indian style pasta :) nice idea.
and congrats on ur award!

Sum Raj said...

wooo its great look to have indian spice....delicious..

Srikitchen said...

pasta is loooking too good.. congrats on ur award.. befor i pass it on to you,priti has passed out it. i will try my luck next time dear!

Illatharasi said...

@ Maheswari, Thanks and do visit often:)

@ JZ, Thanks and congrats you too:)

@ Scribles, Thanks:)

@ Thanks Suma:)

@ Thanks Siri... I will wait for one from you ;)

Lakshmi said...

Pasta looks yumm and congratulations to you on that award.

Srikitchen said...

hi vani dear! havent u see today? went to enjoy ur week end? happy week end pa!

Srikitchen said...

if i get any new award which u dont possess with u, i will surely pass first to u only. you are my first friend in this blog world! i cant forget u! really i missed to pass my Giant bear award due to my laziness. i fel sorry for that pa

Kalai said...

Pasta looks great!! :)

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Kalai & Lakshmi:)

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Siri..... was busy in the weekend. Its ok dear:)